1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Annoying addition to home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Robert Spinden, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Robert Spinden

A recent update added a "quick navigation square " that floats on top of all on my home page. How do I get rid of it? Thanks

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Long press on it and drag to trash. Or remove..

MrJavi, puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Or use a different launcher...

4. Robert Spinden

Thanks, I've got Galaxy S10+ its on all screens and doesn't respond to long touch and I've got no trash spot. No info comes up about it and I don't know it's name so can't locate it in apps. I'm fairly new to android, I came from Blackberry.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's not an Android feature. It may be a Samsung feature, or it may be an app installed by you or by Samsung or your carrier.

If it's a feature of the Samsung user interface then using a different launcher (the app that produces the home screens and app drawer - which are not part of the operating system, and can be replaced by a different version of you prefer by installing a different launcher app). Ifiit's something else it will be there whatever launcher you use, but at least then we'll know that it's a matter of identifying the app.

MrJavi and puppykickr like this.
  6. Robert Spinden

7. Robert Spinden

I tried a screen capture so I could post it here but it doesn't show up on the photo.

8. puppykickr

It would not hurt to try a different launcher, just to see if that makes it go away.

If so, there are tons of different launchers that you can try out until you find what you like the best.

9. Robert Spinden

Here are some photos:

10. Robert Spinden

I tried to upload two photos but they came up as an error. I have no idea what "use a different launcher" means in context with my issue. Some have said its a Samsung problem. Is there a Samsung Galaxy S10+ forum? Isn't my phone android?

11. puppykickr

A launcher is the app that you interact with the device with.

It is the app that controls what you see on the homescreen.

Simply open whatever appstore you choose, and search for 'launcher'.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews