1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

annoying and random contact issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shaw3028, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Shaw3028

Shaw3028 Lurker

basically, im on a family plan, though likely unrelated, but my fiance's number shows up, under my facebook name, and i never set up her number on my facebook (clearly i wouldve put mine instead, granted FB has a foolproof way of doing it to begin with its impossible) and i cant figure out for the life of me how to change it

to make things even more complicated, the photo that shows up is my OLD photo, and is the ONLY one with the little facebook icon in the bottom corner...

what i have tried, multiple times:
    1) disabling contact sync - FAILED
    2) log out/delete facebook under accounts and sync - FAILED
    3) hard reset (twice...) - FAILED
    4) unchecked the sync contacts option under FB for Android app itself - FAILED

its getting annoying, and the best part about it too, is that im the only one out of the 2 of us that have our home phone on our facebook as well....

yeah... seriously....help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shaw3028

Shaw3028 Lurker

so, after several days of trying stuff, i came up with a solution that worked, just in case anyone else has this issue

I went to the facebook app, and went to Settings>Contacts Sync>Sync All (instead of "sync with existing contacts") then went to to the contacts (People), hit the menu button on the bottom of the phone, hit settings, and checked the "only with phone number" option. somehow this worked, but im not complaining... hope it helps!

here4kids likes this.

HTC Vivid Forum

The HTC Vivid release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews