• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying app update issue

jferra87

Lurker
Apr 26, 2014
I don't know if others have this issue too but it's really annoying me now. I seem to have an issue where after updating my apps, some of them decide not to be in their folders in my app drawer. Nothing else really seems to be affected, they're still in the correct folders on the home screen. Its just really annoying that anytime I update my apps I have to go back and reorganize my app drawer again. The weird thing is that it doesn't happen to all the apps I update, usually just small portion of them. It's really one of the most annoying things I deal with on my GS4. Anyone else have this trouble or know how to resolve it?

One of life's minor annoyances perhaps, but nothing to be done about it. The nature of some upgrades precludes them being simply overwritten. If the app you're upgrading falls into that category, the app data/configuration are cashed, the old version uninstalled, and then the new version installed with your cached data. It's the uninstall step that removes it from the folder. From the launcher's perspective, the new version is a new app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones