• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying beep tones during calls: why?

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
When speaking to a person who has the Moto G 2014 (2nd generation), I always hear beep tones which drive me nuts and make the conversation very hard to follow. The sound seems the tone you hear when pressing a number on the dialpad, but:

• this happens regardless of whether I am calling her or she is calling me
  • it happens when I speak on my Android, on my Blackberry and also on a number of landlines, so it must be something with her mobile
  • it happens at irregular intervals, so it's not a minute minder
  • not related to notifications (e.g. SMSs, emails, whatsapp etc) because it happens when she doesn't receive any
  • not related to her ear touching the screen, because it also happens when her phone is lying on a desk and she's speaking on a bluetooth headset

Any ideas what this might be?

Could be a setting issue. On my phone there is one you can set for time and there is another for something else. I unchecked the boxes.

Could you be a bit more specific? I haven't really understood what you mean.
By setting for time do you mean a beep every minute? Where exactly in the settings do you find these options?
Thanks

Upvote 0
I’m not sure but I think may be the beep is a signal of a bad connection. Does it happen over any wifi connection or under any specific wifi connection?

If it’s not bad connection problem then my question is that did you try rebooting your phone? If no, then you can try it.

Just to confirm, does this happens only during whatsapp call or any other call via internet like skype, hangouts or viber?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones