1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Annoying Beeping Message When I Take Phone Off Of Charge.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TrendyTots, Feb 13, 2014.

1. TrendyTots

TrendyTots Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Hi recently whenever I take my phone off of charge it will say 'charging paused voltage too high'. It will still say it is charging when the screen is locked and the battery icon flashes. It will charge fine and always charges to 100% this just happens when I take it off charge. I normally resolve it by taking the battery out and giving it a few minutes before putting it back in but was wondering what the actual problem is so I can fix it. Thanks

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, TrendyTots. :)

Is this a completely stock S2? Are you using the charger that came with the phone or a different one? It sound's like there's either a problem with your charging circuitry, the charger or the battery.

First thing I would do is to try a different charger and see if that makes a difference.

3. TrendyTots

TrendyTots Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    Hi I have tried three different chargers in it and always have the same problem and I recently bought a brand new battery because my last one wasn't holding it's charge (I bought the battery nearly 2 weeks ago and this problem started three days ago). Is it something that can be fixed?

4. TrendyTots

TrendyTots Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2014
    And Im not sure what you mean by completely stock s2 but it is the exact same as day I bought it if that helps.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Did you buy the OEM Samsung battery or is it a compatible one? I would look at that first, since it may be delivering improper voltage. If the battery wasn't quite up to spec it could easily take a few charge cycles to show up.