1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Annoying beeping noise when phone fully charged

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kirangopal, Oct 28, 2012.

1. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    Male
    Seems Verizon disabled this

Advertisement

2. Mark16q

Mark16q Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    CPa
    Conejo Valley, CA
    appears to be the case, as my VZW s3 doesn't thankfully do this. I'd chuck it out the window if it woke me every night. I need sounds on for emergencies. If VZW could fix it, there must be a way for others.

3. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2012
    Male
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Yep, my Verizon phone has never done this.

4. Marthinuss

Marthinuss Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2013
    I have been trawling the forums for the past week trying to find a solution and absolutely nothing works. I am now at the point where I want to go back to the iPhone purely because of a stupid issue such as this.

My S3 and S3 note both continue to make the battery fully charged system sound continuously during the night and I have tried everything.

1. Muting the system sounds does not work. All the sounds go off, except the persistent fully charged notification.

2. I have tried a number of apps to mute the phone when charged and then unmute etc. but that is not a solution because at 8am in the morning my phone's battery is drained.

3. I cannot switch off my phone at night. I live in South Africa and that will be like committing suicide here due to the crime. In addition I need my kids to be able to get hold of me at all times, so my phone stays with me 24/7.

4. I cannot unplug my phone at night because I don't get the opportunity to charge my phone before going to bed.

5. There are thousands of people with this issue all over the world. Just search for this issue on Google.

So, I don't know what else to do but get another phone. I can't go through one more night of being woken up ten times due to this beeping sound. It beeps every 15 minutes. It's almost like there is a power interruption.

Being in SA we sleep light because of the crime. The phone was clearly not designed for us.

I cannot believe that there is no solution. The only thing I have not done is to root my phone. I don't have time for crap like that. It's way easier to just dump the phone, even though it cost a ton of money. My sleep is more important.

So, sorry, but here is a bit of a rant to Samsung in case they actually read any of these forums. I can understand that no product is perfect. I can tolerate imperfections. But then I expect them to be addressed once the manufacturer knows about it. This issue has been be a problem with the S3 since 2010 judging by the forums and Samsung has done nothing to address it. Samsung, get your heads out of the sand and address the issue. I think it is shocking that you have not fixed such an obvious oversight. End of rant.

I am posting here with the hope that someone out there finds a workable solution that does not involve "switching off the phone", "unplugging the phone" or "install this or that app".

5. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Male
    UK
    Charge my phone nightly (put the phone on vibrate when I do) never once had it beep at me when full.

Seems odd so many people are suffering with this issue.

6. Marthinuss

Marthinuss Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2013
    So far it seems that some service providers have managed to disable the annoying sound, Verizon seems to be one of them. Unfortunately many have not.

7. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 8, 2012
    Female
    Retired
    South Wales
    My S3 is on o2. I have never heard any sound from it when fully charged---it just goes from a red charging light to a green fully charged light.

8. quixoticduck

quixoticduck Newbie
    None

Nov 25, 2010
    UGH. My phone the Galaxy Ace 2 does this (only beeps once) and it's on Gingerbread. I was hoping that if it's ever updated to JB it would be fixed but you're saying it isn't in ICS but was introduced in JB?! This makes no sense. I am so disappointed in Samsung.

9. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member
    None

Noticed that mine does that double 'beep blip' if I charge via the mains, does not do it when when connected to PC usb??!!

10. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013
    HI - i think you may have missed the posts that provided you with the solution.

Go to: settings<system<accessory<dock, where there's a box next to 'dock sound' that you simply untick, and as the name suggests, the dock sound is disabled. This box is for dock sounds only, so will not mute anything else!!
    If it doesnt work on first try, restart phone.
    My phone only recently started to do this and is over 6 mths old, so I am presuming that I checked that box in error. You must all be very light sleepers tho, as my docking sound is so soft, I barely notice it anyway.
    Hope this helps

11. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013
    Marthinuss -
    i think you may have missed the posts that provided you with the solution.

Go to: settings<system<accessory<dock, where there's a box next to 'dock sound' that you simply untick, and as the name suggests, the dock sound is disabled. This box is for dock sounds only, so will not mute anything else!!
    My phone only recently started to do this and is over 6 mths old, so I am presuming that I checked that box in error. You must all be very light sleepers tho, as my docking sound is so soft, I barely notice it anyway.
    Hope this helps

12. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013
    nothing to do with service providers at all. Is simply the way people customise their settings Cheers

13. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013
    nothing to do with service providers at all. Is simply the way people customise their settings Cheers

14. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013

15. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013

16. spanna2620

spanna2620 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013
    i think you may have missed the posts that provided you with the solution.

Hope this helps

17. Zudnic

Zudnic Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Boston
    Thanks for posting this (repeatedly) but this does not work to disable the notification sound when you place the phone in a Qi charger. It turns off at 100%, but falls to 99% and beeps, then goes to 100%, shuts off, falls to 99%, beeps again. All night long.

18. lordmage

lordmage Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    then the issue is the charger, it does not maintain a current (power to the phone). the phone losses power disconnect (noise) and (noise) again when the trickle charge is turned back on.

Charging via a main corded will beep when pluged in and unpluged thats it. the screen turns on when your full charged but i have yet to find a way to stop this.

keep in mind the S3 was not completely designed for wireless charging but i think samsung needs to design an override for those sounds.

19. monnigblower

monnigblower Newbie
    None

May 5, 2010
    Ireland
    Hi,

I came to this thread as my wife and I both have S3s. Mine doesn't make a noise when fully charged yet my wife's does. I've forgotton what I did as we're both with the same operator and I must have done something at the time. From reading here while going through my phone nothing jumped out at me what I did. So I guess my solution was to set the "Default notifications" to be be "Silent".

The setting for Silent is found with Settings -> Sound -> Default notifications

20. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    General Contractor
    Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
    The phone beeps for safety if you will, the quickest way to absolutely kill a lithium ion battery is overcharging

And although the phone probly has something built in I guess its not full proof or the phone wouldn't make the noise

21. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    The phone wont overcharge the battery. The alert must just be there so you know its charged

22. Stildawn

Stildawn Member
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    My theory is that it notifies you when its fully charged, by beeping and turning the screen on... This in turn uses a little bit of the phones battery, so in (a seemingly random time) moment later it beeps and screens on again as its "fully charged" again. Rinse and Repeat.

Highly annoying... I have tried the disable dock sounds thing above, will try that and then the Systems sounds one.

23. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Owner of Dogs On Wheels
    Long Island, NY
    I don't have a beep.

24. mitchm

mitchm Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Male
    Ranching
    Boerne TX
    My Blackberry (which I just traded for an S4) had a "Bedside" setting. Clock showed dimly and all sound and vibration stuff was cut off. I loved it and miss it with my new S4.

25. jmilez

jmilez Lurker
    None

Dec 18, 2012
    I found this thread because I just started having this beep problem last night for the first time after two years. I always keep my phone plugged in and have had it come on in the middle of the night and light up the room to let me know it was charged at 2-3am. Thanks! (But learned to put the phone face down at night). What changed was I just got a new replacement battery off ebay (my 2nd) so thinking the battery doesn't hold a charge well enough when plugged in so the phone circuit keeps charging and stops when full (beep), then repeats the cycle (beep... beep beep). Sounds like there's no solution but to get a better battery...