1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Annoying 'click' sound on screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mmfgamer5, Sep 13, 2014.

1. mmfgamer5

mmfgamer5 Lurker

My phone has developed an annoying clicking sound every time I press in the top left of the screen. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it?

I would send it to be repaired by HTC as it's still within the warranty period, but I rooted it a while ago and can't remove the tampered flag having re-locked the bootloader and unrooting.

I know that EU law says that HTC would have to prove that the rooting caused the hardware issue if they wanted to charge for the repair (or refuse it), but I don't know how much fuss it'd be to get it fixed.

What should I do here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

Send it back for repair.

Rooting your phone (well unlocking the bootloader) only voids your warranty for software issues, issues with hardware are still covered under the warranty.

In the past I've sent back my HTC Sensation and HTC One X for screen and processor errors, they were both rooted and were actually running custom ROM's at the time I sent them back and both were fixed without issue.

3. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

There are ways to remove the tampered flag. Search for the right solution for your device. You can then decide if you are going to send it back for repair.

4. mmfgamer5

mmfgamer5 Lurker

That's brilliant, thank you very much.
    I did have a look for ways to remove it, but I couldn't find any for my particular device. To remove the flag I had to be S-Off, but I couldn't find a way to do that for my phone.

5. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Usually as long as it's a verified hardware issue (defect) and could not be caused by rooting HTC looks the other way. Believe it or not they want their customers happy. This sounds like an issue where rooting would not even come into question.

6. mmfgamer5

mmfgamer5 Lurker

Thank you very much - that's pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear!

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews