• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annoying connectivity issues

_PeteG_

Sep 21, 2009
Hi,

I have a Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 and I have two problems that I think are related. From time to time, I'll notice that my watch doesn't appear to be displaying up to date info, like if I have my phone battery being shown on the watch face, it'll be the % as it was several hours ago. Or maybe it'll occur to me that I haven't felt notifications on my wrist for a while. In any case, I do the following to 'fix' it:

1) On my watch, I go into settings and look at connectivity/wifi. I can see that 'automatic' is selected but the actual SSID displayed underneath might be, say, my home wifi whereas I am now at work. If I just wait a few seconds, it'll update to my work wi-fi...but if it is 'auomatic', surely it should already state my work wifi?
2) On my phone (Honor 9 Lite, Android 9), at this point,if I go into Wear OS. Advanced Settings, it'll often 'hang' if I try to look up my watch battery from there (I use this as a test to see if I can truly connect to my watch). If that's the case, disconnecting and reconnecting to the watch within Wear OS does nothing to help. However, if I turn bluetooth off and on again, connectivity with the watch is restored.

I *think* that I need to do both points 1 and 2 in order to get my watch functioning properly although perhaps point 2 alone would do it.

My question is; are there others out there who have had similar problems and did you do anything that was able to fix it once and for all?

Final point, and I'm not sure if this is the case 100% of the time, but I'm wondering if the problems start after I have used my bluetooth earphones. The phone doesn't throw up any obvious error; my earphones connect fine, I'll listen to music (and the bluetooth indicator states the make of the earphones while I'm connected) and then when I turn my earphones off, all appears to work normally afterwards. I'm just wondering now, as I write this, if my watch issues occur after this...

Thanks for any advice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones