1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Annoying downloads after AT&T update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Penty, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Penty

Penty Lurker

Hi guys

Yesterday I downloaded a sizeable software update for my Galaxy S3 from AT&T (I suspect to 4.3 but can`t be 100% sure).
    After the update all I seem to get is a batch of phantom downloads every ten or so minutes and they are always named the same. I clear them away and sure enough they come back shortly afterwards. See the pictures below.
    I installed and ran AVG anti-virus but it found nothing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any thoughts, helps or ideas gratefully appreciated. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your thread to the forum dedicated to discussing your phone.

... Thom

3. madmikess

madmikess Member

Found this somewhere else, if you clear the downloads from the download app that you posted the screen from, it should stop the notifications. I had the same thing happen when I updated my phone to 4.3. Clearing that list fixed it for me and for others that had the same issue.

4. Penty

Penty Lurker

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I have cleared the downloads notification many times and it always comes back. Also I wouldn`t say I clear it from an app per se - it`s the Android OS I guess you would call it - you know - swipe down from the top and there it is.

5. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Android Enthusiast

I believe, if you long press on the download in the notification shade, it should give you an "app info" option - tap that and it will tell you which app initiate the download.

6. Penty

Penty Lurker

Gingersnapgirl thank you the mystery is becoming clearer. Now - I did what you said and it showed that the app is `Download manager` (the icon being a green robot with an isometric square on his belly). Is this part of the OS? I cleared cache and did a force stop. Any other ideas or thoughts? (Thanks so far by the way).

7. madmikess

madmikess Member

Sorry, I meant tap on one of the listed downloads that keeps coming up, it'll take you to download manager. In that window you can clear the list of downloads and that will stop the notifications. You can also access downloads from the app tray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MrSimmonsSr

MrSimmonsSr Newbie

Look closely.. He's not telling you to clear the download notifications.. You need to open the app called "downloads" and clear them all in there. That will get rid of the notifications for good. I had the same issue when my phone upgraded..

I had some in the "other downloads" tab.. Do you not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews