1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Annoying Droplet Sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alvarez13, Dec 17, 2012.

1. alvarez13

alvarez13 Newbie

I can't stand the stupid water droplet sound when pressing the screen. Yes I've turned it down in sound, but I want to hear something when I press an icon for feedback. Is there a good way to replace it with the stock JB sound?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Android Enthusiast

you can change it in settings > sound > default notifications

i use Zedge to get my tones, so you can d/l ones you like then choose it

3. alvarez13

alvarez13 Newbie

Appreciate the advice. To be more specific, I'm trying to change the system UI sounds (nature theme or w/e with the droplet), not so much the notifications. I'm sure this will require changes to the UI file or something.

4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

• Settings
    • Sounds
    Under System

• Touch Sounds (uncheck)
    Hope that's what you were talking about.

10sNinja likes this.
  5. Zatx

Zatx Member

Doesn't appear anyone has actually answered your original question so here is a quick guide to changing the sound that works. I followed this guide and now I have a simple click sound:

10sNinja, ScandaLeX and alvarez13 like this.
  6. alvarez13

alvarez13 Newbie

Yep, this is what I ended up doing. Thanks Zatx and everyone who helped out.

Here's the ICS file I used to do the replacement...
    Just replace those 2 files using root explorer (after renaming the old files from .ogg to .bak) and restart and it worked.

ICS Effect_Tick

7. Big Boi

Big Boi Newbie

I have Zedge as well. But I can find any "Touch" sounds. What do I search for to find a short enough tone?

8. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast

Zedge does not have touch sounds. They have notifications/ringtones games and live wallpapers.

9. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

The droplet sound is one of the main reasons why I had liked this phone.

I was very surprised that my fianc

10. alvarez13

alvarez13 Newbie

11. Big Boi

Big Boi Newbie

Thats what i figured.

12. chasers

chasers Well-Known Member

Cthu at screw up your bladder function. I may be one of the few who likes that minor feature.

13. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

14. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

Being a manager for Boost Mobile, I never end up with really great phones like this.

Though we've got this phone called the Galaxy Rush that makes this droplet sound. I was so enamored. So i go buy the SII thinking it might have it but it doesn't...

I saw a demo phone for the Note II while i was out in the mall. I fell in love. Of course I didn't have that much money and I'm saving for braces. I had just decided it was okay to not have everything I want. You have to sacrifice if you really want something right?

Anyways...

Suddenly my fianc

15. alvarez13

alvarez13 Newbie

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews