1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Annoying icon on status bar

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mrbruno, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mrbruno

mrbruno Lurker
    None

Dumb question time... I have a Samgsung Epic 4G - this is my first Android and I've only been using it about 4 months. One of the apps I have is for the Weather Channel and I recently got an update so it's version 3.2.1. A new feature that's annoying me is that it displays the temperature on the status bar. I figured they would give an option to not do that but I don't see such an option.

Does Android give me a way to control the icons that appear on the status bar? I'm considering uninstalling the app completely because this icon so annoying. I've sent some feedback to the Weather Channel folks but who knows if they'll listen or do anything about it.

:thinking:

Advertisement

2. jp0469

jp0469 Member
    None

May 26, 2010
    Go to the Locations page in the Weather Channel app. There should be a home icon next to one of your locations. Long press that location and then select "Unset As Home". The notification icon should go away.

JP

mrbruno likes this.
  3. mrbruno

mrbruno Lurker
    None

Thanks! That worked great! I hadn't thought of that, although, in the back of my mind, I was wondering how it knew which location to post to the status bar! I've got several locations remembered but I did have a home location set. I'm not sure if I'll miss anything now I don't have any locations set as home but I'll see!