• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying images overlaying the display (screensaver?!) - HTC Legend

nwa

Lurker
Apr 3, 2010
Hi guys!
I bought HTC legend recently, everything worked well for a week. But a few days ago, very strange problem appeared.

When ending a call, calling a number or even during the call, some android pictures are appearing. It looks like a "screensaver" or something (the robot snowboarding, robot standing near the eiffel tower....). It is extremly annoying since I cannot see anything except this image, it covers whole display. The only way is to push the back button, then the picture disappears. For instance, this is one of the pictures that randomly appear:

I see no strange services or applications running in the background. I tried to find those pictures in phone memory and delete them, but since I am not root i found nothing.
I would like to get rid of this "screensaver" or what it is, it makes me crazy!

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones