1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Annoying "issue"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iowaberg, Dec 28, 2012.

1. iowaberg

iowaberg Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I used parenthesis around issue since I'm really not sure it's an issue or some setting I need to change.

Anytime I click on a link within an email, I get the pop up asking me which browser I would like to use- Chrome or stock. I choose Chrome and then 'Always'. Then another email I click a different link, and I get the same question again asking me which browser to use. I always select Chrome, but it never seems to "stick".

What am I doing wrong and how do I make it so that anytime I click on something that requires a browser, it always uses Chrome?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know with root privileges you can "disable" the other browser so only 1 is present, then it will default to that browser always...however, this should work when you click always once. Very weird issue, you might want to try performing a hard reset, by turning it off, removing the battery, reinserting and restarting the device.

Otherwise you might want to try reinstalling Chrome.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Its a bug present since jellybean. Its been noted in the jellybean likes / dislikes thread.

Defaults present before jb are ok. New defaults since are buggy. Factory reset will likely break your old defaults too.

Also, parenthesis = ( )

:)

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    I get same thing bro, ive actualy got used to it plus i prefer certain apps for certain things.
    Preferred the ICS way, one click