1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Annoying LED-Solution found

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bob2300, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bob2300

bob2300 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Well today I noticed that while I had a text my led was not flashing. Once I did some research this seems to be a problem on all android devices. So I downloaded "missed reminder". That seemed to fix it.

What I did in the settings is turn autostart on, disabled the notification icon (that way there is only one notification icon-the stock), and then enabled it on SMS, MMS, Missed calls, and in each of those settings I made sure only "blink led" was on.

Now I essentially dont even know that the app is running everything looks like it normally does, but the app is running in the background. The only thing it does now is keep the led blinking. I tested it and it seems to have fixed my issue.

Advertisement

mich0020 likes this.
  2. erjent

erjent Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    KCLT
    nice find. i emailed htc about this is oct and they told me that it was programmed so that the led would turn off after 5 min. doesn't seem to make much sense on their part.

3. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Sr. Systems Administrator
    St. Louis
    In handcent you can tell it to repeat the notification after so many minutes and you can tell how it many times to repeat. Just looking under "Reminders" in the notification settings...if you use handcent that is.

bob2300 likes this.
  4. bob2300

Nov 27, 2009
    Glad it will help you. I honestly thought more people would be annoyed by it. Its nice just being able to look at the led and know if I have a notification or not.

Very interesting, I use handcent. But this fix is still worth it for me. Reason being is I still rather the LED stay on for calender and email notifications.

5. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    ATL
    Definitely a good one but I wish it worked for email too. I receive alot more emails during the day that texts.:(

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
    Is this app, in any way, a battery hog since it is constantly running in the background?

7. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    So. Cal
    Great find...thank you! I did miss being able to glance down and check if I had any notifications. I too wonder about the battery....guess I'll just have to try it out and see.

8. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    Is this another early phone vs. later phone issue? My led stays lit till I clear the notification, sometimes hours later.

9. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    this app has been keeping my phone awake..
    I had to uninstall it.. now it can sleep..

10. bob2300

Nov 27, 2009
    Yeah that definitely would be beneficial. For me, I dont get many emails but do get texts. So its not as much of a problem for me.
    You will have to try it for yourself. But I haven't noticed any difference.

What? Im glade for you, but that sucks. I guess it explains why when I search I only saw some users having this issue. Its probably something that would be very simple for htc to fix.
    Maybe retry it? Im not sure. But my phone has a 30% awake time so it definitely sleeping. I have had no problems with the app.

11. erjent

erjent Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    KCLT
    same with me. I loved it at first, but noticed my battery was going quickly. My awake time was super high (near 100%), uninstalled the program and now it is back to normal (about 13%). Maybe an update will fix...

12. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Sr. Systems Administrator
    St. Louis
    If you have it set to notify for an infinite amount of time...your phone will NOT sleep while you have a notification. I had the same issue...my awake time jumped to 80% so I ditched it.

13. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH

That's odd...htc has even stated that the phone's OS is set to make the led flash for 5 minutes only. :thinking:

14. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'll watch it over the next few days. Maybe it is just looking like that since I constantly get e-mails and texts.

Tags: