• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Annoying low memory issues

Lord Vader

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2010
I have Titanium set to do a batch backup every couple days in the middle of the night. Lately, upon awakening in the morning, I see the Titanium icon in the status bar, and when I check to see what the notifications say, it has been saying, "Titanium batch backup interrupted due to low storage space." I can manually do the batch backup then, but the automated ones have been failing.

In addition, I just installed an app called "My Radar" to check out its Doppler Weather Radar, and when the app and the radar load, I get a message telling me that the radar is being "scaled back" due to "low memory issues."

Wondering what can be causing this on an EVO LTE? Its memory capacity is much larger than its predecessor, that's for sure.

I have Titanium set to do a batch backup every couple days in the middle of the night. Lately, upon awakening in the morning, I see the Titanium icon in the status bar, and when I check to see what the notifications say, it has been saying, "Titanium batch backup interrupted due to low storage space." I can manually do the batch backup then, but the automated ones have been failing.

In addition, I just installed an app called "My Radar" to check out its Doppler Weather Radar, and when the app and the radar load, I get a message telling me that the radar is being "scaled back" due to "low memory issues."

Wondering what can be causing this on an EVO LTE? Its memory capacity is much larger than its predecessor, that's for sure.

Not sure about the low memeory thing. Do need a bit more info on the TB though.
1. How many backups do you have it set for? 1, 5, or 10+
2. How often do you delete them and start from fresh?

As far as the memory you can see what all process are running and then determine the best coarse of action for those.

Upvote 0
Not sure about the low memeory thing. Do need a bit more info on the TB though.
1. How many backups do you have it set for? 1, 5, or 10+
2. How often do you delete them and start from fresh?

As far as the memory you can see what all process are running and then determine the best coarse of action for those.

1. It does a complete backup every other night.
2. All backups are saved to my SD card, which is a 32GB one and has plenty of space. I honestly don't think I've even deleted any so far; however, when I looked at my SD card's contents, I saw only one backup file listed. Does TB override each one or something? Strange.

Upvote 0
I've been running radar now for a while, and I've never had that issue on mine. Even had it on the OG without issue. Maybe clear out the app data and cache on a regular basis and see if that helps. I keep flashing back and forth, and I don't restore data on that one. Maybe why I don't have issues?

It probably is a RAM issue because it is a visually intensive application.

Upvote 0
I'm with the group saying it's a RAM issue. Try running something like RAM Booster occasionally to clear up the RAM. I had some issues like you were having (lack of memory space issues) and it was due to a lack of RAM available due to other programs eating it up.

Yeah, don't do that.

Instead of trying to manage ram on your own like that, change the parameters that dictate the points where Android controls memory -

I think that the multitasking memory settings are kind of harsh.

Here's what I am running, presented closest I know how to an Easy button -

System Tuner, free version, choose Tweaks near the lower right -

View attachment 37296

Slide right along the top to Auto-kill, then lower left button for Presets, choose Medium to get this -

View attachment 37297

Then, Boot Settings, have it "Re-apply memory limits" at bootup -

View attachment 37298

I'm liking the difference so far.

If interested, you know the deal, nandroid backup first.

Don't use this if using dual-core mods or other kernel tweaks - this is a quick way to adjust the memory limits on the rom only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones