1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Annoying Message "Prevention Information"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chris2464, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Clayton1

Clayton1 Member

I randomly stopped getting this message. Havent seen it for a couple days now...... Havent changed or messed with any apps or settings.

Advertisement

2. jetskibill

jetskibill Lurker

Believe me when I say this is not an APP related issue its a Wi-Fi issue
    You can delete as many apps as you want and it wont make any difference at all

3. Scootmien

Scootmien Android Enthusiast

Regardless of what is at fault, it is clear it is a software issue and therefore Samsung need to provide an update to address this. Although early days, some users in this thread above have reported that a recent update may have fixed this. Only time will tell...

4. HokieDave

HokieDave Lurker

Just an update. I woke up with the message on my phone again this morning. So much for that "update" fixing anything. :(

dave

5. Dubain3

Dubain3 Lurker

Has anyone found a work around for this for rooted users? Seeing as all most no one uses the app there must be a method to remove it's files :/

6. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

7. michaelwy

michaelwy Newbie

I was not having this problem until today. The new ATT update (MJ5) came through and now I get the prevention information.

I will be giving them a call tomorrow to voice my concerns.

Edit: My microcell quit working after the update so I had to go in and delete all the numbers and add them back and it started working.

8. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Other than being annoying, since this KNOX alert isn't causing a functional problem I'm just going to live with it.

I could have worse issues, so I'll be happy this is trivial.

9. It's been a week since a Sprint security update was auto downloaded and it's been a week since I've received the "Prevention..." message.

It appears for Sprint users, issue resolved.

10. zipred

zipred Android Expert

For clarification, the error message appears with Wi-Fi Off also.

That aside, I'm so completely happy with my fast fun and very smooth T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, that I bought two more for family members. All three of ours are completely trouble free, these are truly great phones.

Therefore to put it into perspective, the single error message which has no effect on functionality, is simply an annoyance that's trivial. Especially considering there is no perfect smartphone, and we could have performance issues to deal with.

The Note 3 is most certainly my favorite Smartphone.

11. sammymulla

sammymulla Lurker

Guys, Please dont panic on seeing this Message, i have Note3 9005 4G model and got this message for many days, but once i updated my Software the Message is gone Automatically, if you have recently brought the Mobile then i suggest to wait for few days unless Samsung ask you to update the Software, once the Software is updated the Issue is solved, so Cheers for Samsung Galaxy note3 :)

zipred likes this.
  12. sammymulla

sammymulla Lurker

Hi Guys Check the below link, and i suggest do not uninstall any software from Mobile, leave the phone untill it ask you for software updations and the message will disappear

Samsung KNOX-Solutions-Security | SAMSUNG

Samsung Knox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. selmerdave

selmerdave Member

After the update (ATT also) I got the message on the first startup. I cleared app data and the message has not returned after for or five days now.

14. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I got some kind of security update popup today. Not sure if it fixes this problem because I'm in the middle of downloading a 3GB file. Plus I've already checked the 30 day option.

15. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

I got that update... it didn't fix the issue. :(

16. Clayton1

Clayton1 Member

I remembered I got an update early last week (mj4 now). I havent had the message since.

17. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Bumping this thread back up because I just started getting this message yesterday!...LOL. I just clicked on the box to not notify me for 30 days. I already un-installed Lookout, since I use Cerebrus and Avast anyway. I went through the thread on Android Central to see if there's a definitive solution, but seems like it's an OTA update that fixed the issue.

I received a couple Samsung updates, which seems to have caused my phone to start getting these prompts...hahaha.

dustwun77 likes this.
  18. Sonnydigs

Sonnydigs Member

After reading 190+ threads it seems I chose the only temporary/fix that actually removes it...
    Choose don't show for 30 days...

Mine is AT&T never been rooted, build #BMJ5...
    Was receiving this message long before ever connecting to WI-FI since I have unlimited 4G LTE data plan and it's much faster than my rural WI-FI service..
    So I can say it has nothing to do with WIFI ..
    My uneducated guess is that it is a software issue and hope Samsung addresses it in the next update..
    Much more peace of mind once I just chose not to see it for 30 days..
    Sonny

dustwun77 likes this.
  19. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

I've been using the other method of force stopping and clearing the cache of the app but only because if there is a fix that's pushed out, I want to know immediately. But don't worry... today is not that day and I doubt tomorrow is either.

20. zipred

zipred Android Expert

Today is day 51 with my box stock T-Mobile Note 3.

All apps are exclusively from the Play Store, nor is my phone rooted.

I've seen this same error message over ten times per day, every day until 5 days ago, when for no apparent reason it stopped appearing. No updates have been installed, nothing else has changed.

I have no idea what cured the problem.

dustwun77 likes this.
  21. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

I froze Knox Notification Manager 1.0 with Titanium Pro (rooted) and it doesn't happen anymore.
    I tried to find this Knox app or one like it to freeze weeks ago but somehow missed it despite the obvious name, or it wasn't visible at that time. I know I looked at Knox stuff but don't remember seeing it.

dustwun77 likes this.
  22. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

With the exception of O2 to my surprise.
    My first Note 3 I bought on an O2 Refresh contract and was convinced it would be unlocked so I didn't even ask, when I set it up at home it wouldn't accept my T mobile sim and also had O2 branding. I've had alot of O2 contract phones and this is the first time it came locked. When I took it back the lady said yes, they do come locked.

23. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Off topic, but that is bad evohicks, you have my sympathy. I hope O2 don't start a trend. Would they give you the unlock code ? If so did they charge you for the "privilege".

Back on topic, it is more than thirty days since I ticked the "do not show again for 30 days" box. I've not had a repeat of the issue.

24. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Off topic again, yes they would unlock, but I just returned it anyway, I was looking for a sim free handset.

25. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I'm using the 30 day option for the second time now. I find the issue much less annoying when I don't see it for a month at a time.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews