1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Annoying. Now my passcode is bypassed

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Luke Drillbrain, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Luke Drillbrain

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It's been a good phone. I'm happy with it in general. However, now I'm having a problem with the 4-digit passcode. I set that passcode up in the OS so that if my phone is ever lost or stolen, no one can go in and access my info. Good standard security precaution. However, somehow all that has gone out the window. Normally, after a minute, you're locked out and have to enter my 4-digit passcode to get in. However, after I installed some apps, it's no longer like that. The numbers are not displayed and instead there are some bubbles or balloons there. To get into the phone, I just tap the same area where the numbers should be or swipe it. I went into Settings ==> Lock screen, and it says the passcode is still set up.

All this BS has happened after I installed some apps to work with my new Samsung Gear Fit 1 that I just bought. I installed these apps:
    1. Gear Fit Manager
    2. Open Fit
    2. Fit (aka Google Fit – Fitness Tracking)

I had problems with Gear Fit Manager, which is why I went with Open Fit, but they're both installed. Open Fit had me perform a paring with the Gear Fit 1.

What's going on? Why is one of these apps bypassing my requirement for a security passcode? I want to be able to use my new Gear Fit, of course, but I won't to do it without bypassing my security code.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download