1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support Annoying security message popping up on S7 whenever I plug in the charger.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Elapid77, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Elapid77

Elapid77 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    Does anybody know what this message actually means, or what I have to do to get rid of it?

"Unfortunately, com.samsung.android.sm.devicesecurity has stopped working".

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    It might have something to do with the smart manager,try going to apk manager>all apks scroll down till you see smart manager,force close,then clear cache and clear data.

3. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    It also might have something to do with a knox update,so youshould also try clearing cache and data for that apk too,then restarting your phone.

#3 ThePhizzle, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. FallenOnMyRifle

None

Jun 15, 2016
    Male
    I have the same issue and what thephizzle said didnt work for me. Need to know if its important coz it sure as hell sounds it

5. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Hehehe,Sorry new guy little buddy,wasn't a garentee for sure it was going to work,was just stating the standard procedure for the"unfortunately =====.===.=== has stopped"error massge,but I can guarantee that your answer lyes in that area of the program,and with that part of the program is the cause of the error,Just that I'm only able to gain so much knowlagement of specific devices when I get to interact with them when I can.
    Unfortunately I have not got the honor to own a Samsung Galaxy S7,only fix minor technical problems on them,And to own one is on my bucket list,but if I remember correctly the SG7E does have smart manger and knox,correct?
    Unfortunately, com.samsung.android.smart manager.devicesecurity has stopped,try apk manager ,all,and reset all the apk's this time,when reseted,go to system storage in the setting and clear the apk cache in there,after that reboot your device,this time on boot it should say apk update and sy about 129 apks updating,finally if thts unsuccessful go into google playstore ,guide towards my gmes and apks and update apks that need updating,smart manager or knox might be hanging on pending on the update list,then please let me know the outcome results, thank you;Good health & Good luck to the both of you,Mr.77,Mr.Rifle.

6. padbuck

padbuck Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2016
    Male
    @FallenOnMyRifle @Elapid77 & @ThePhizzle

I too have or should I say 'Had' the same problem, solved it similar way @ThePhizzle says but heres hoping explained better.

1. select 'Settings>Applications>Application Manager>More, tap 'Show system apps'

Scroll to (tilt phone to rotate to landscape view, in portriat view it just shows 'com.samsung.android.s..') com.samsung.android.sm.devicesecurity>Storage>Clear Data. 'Clear Cache' clears automatically. Switch phone off (or restart) and back on again. It should have worked and cleared the error message when you plug in charger.

If it hasn't work and are still getting error message do as what @ThePhizzle has said and 'Reset app preferences',

2. ('Settings>Applications>Application Manager>More, tap 'Reset app preferences') Then go to​
    'Settinge>Storage>Internal storage>Cached data> dialog box saying

'This will clear cached data for all apps'.
    Cancel Delete

Chose 'Delete' Restart phone. I have done this and phone works fine. It just like reseting the phone system without resetting to factory defaults, which as you know is a pain when trying to reinstall all your apps that get deleted in the factory defaults reset.
    Hope this helps.
    PS Thanks goes to @ThePhizzle I just tried to write it out better.

#6 padbuck, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    ThePhizzle likes this.
  7. Sahudi SE

Sahudi SE Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2016
    Thanks, it works for me... really helped!

ThePhizzle likes this.
  8. padbuck

padbuck Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2016
    Male
    Ure welcome glad to help.

ThePhizzle likes this.
  9. Lani B

Lani B Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    Female
    Didnt work for me :( and my sound keeps cutting out of my headphones. Was listening to google play and browsing the net and the music stopped every 3 seconds. Was playing a game with headphones in last night, and sound dropped out, had to keep putting headphones in and out.
    Called Vodafone today and the result was to backup n master reset :( lets see how long that works for if it does...

10. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
  11. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    You worded it fine,for as you can see the results,now this good man can continue using his device hassle free...thumbs up on a job well done...as for lani B,the reason for the suggested factory reset in my best guess is it was a apk that wasn't to compatible or was taking up to much storage or overheating/running too much process on your device;assumably a recently installed apk,and had to be removed...
    Or if possibly did you try to install a custom rom to your device?
    Some custom roms tend to have minor defects to them that varies from device to device,if I'm way off the mark forgive me for taking up your time.
    Good health to you and your device!

#11 ThePhizzle, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  12. Lani B

Lani B Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    Female
    H

HALLELUJAH :)
    Hahaha

ThePhizzle likes this.
  13. Lani B

Lani B Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    Female
    Heya. Just fyi nothing has worked for me.. cleared caches etc without a doubt, reset my phone and that message was the first thing to pop up after restarting.
    Probably best for full factory reset as i was advised by vodafone.. cuz if that doesnt work im claiming warranty. Havent had the phone 6 months, problem occured intermittently then permanently and now music randomly stops coming through my headphones and says its playing on the phone...
    Annoying me up a tree to put nicely.
    What can you do when people want to rush technology? Bring back books barbies and playing outside!

ThePhizzle likes this.
  14. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    A few posts have been deleted.

No one here is paid to help so if someone has been courteous enough to provide assistance, the least you can do is to be courteous back, even if their advice hasn't worked. ;)

scary alien likes this.
  15. jayjay666

jayjay666 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    I utterly dissagree! If you volunteer advice then it should be researched and accurate. Being paid or not is irrelevant. Furthermore if it proves to be damaging, which this was, then expect consequences. If you don't like it then dont provide the crap advice in the first place!

16. Lani B

Lani B Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    Female
    Sorry but my reply isnt supporting any negative argumentative stuff. I get u have the issue with ur fone. And i get that you and me and the other developing guy with the certificate have lives outside the internet and we're probably actually really nice at times. But i think it's just the pure fact that this stemmed from the way a comment was portrayed.
    Things can be said alot differently. Since were all on this rollercoaster ride called life, how much nicer would it be if ur comment was phrased more like mine in the first place? Than developer guy (sorry phizzle or something this phone makes it difficult to scroll up after commenting, i feel like i have to explain that so u dont get offended in any way) wouldnt have arched up. Cuz uno what, ive felt like ive had to arch up because that one guy was being a dick, and it ends up nowhere because u will never meet, your both hell bent on ur opinions, and sending long winded texts can be misconstrued.
    So yeh now phizzle and u will both probably have a dig at me, and continue the negativity. Phizzle cuz im dr phil philosophical shitting all over his android assistance thing which i apuld also like resolved, and u because u probably stopped reading this a loooooong time ago and have already started ur rant about me dr philling all over this shit.

Ahhhhh.... maybe now ive written this someone will like it cuz that's the point right? Just so uno... its not the point. Dont use my comment please to boost that u think ur right because its all been taken out of context and im not involved.

El Presidente and ThePhizzle like this.
  17. Lani B

Lani B Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    Female
    I should have just waited for this... hahaha thank you

18. jayjay666

jayjay666 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Another person with way too much time on their hands; time that could be far better used learning how to write English properly!

19. Lani B

Lani B Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2016
    Female
    Haha so predictable... ur reading this stuff u have just as much time as me. But maybe i dont have time for proper grammar. Thats why they invented slang

20. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Clearing cache and data for an app is in no way damaging and is a common fix for a huge number of Android app problems.

If the fixes offered haven't worked for you, there are better ways of asking for further assistance than being rude about it.

If that's a difficult concept for you, maybe you should look elsewhere for help.

That's pretty much all I've to say on the matter and seeing as the bickering has continued whilst I've been typing this post, it's probably time to lock this thread.

Any one has any issues with that, please feel free to PM me.