• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Annual upgrades? Why does new account say "New Every Two"?

that's how it's done online.
you get a NE2 every 2 years (end of contract) but they allow you to upgrade with it at 19 months. the ne2 is a discount of $50 or $100 off the price of the 2 year discount price of the phone you want to upgrade to.

the annual upgrade you can get every year.... however you have to pay an additional $20 on top of the 2 year contract discount price.

the annual upgrade is nice if you're sick of your phone after a year.
the annual upgrade date will not show up on your account online. you just have to remember when you bought your phone and either call to upgrade or go to a store.

Upvote 0
It's $70 over the price of the phone not $20. :/

No, on a two year contract if you do an "annual upgrade" instead of waiting for your NE2 date, you pay an extra $20 to renew and you're only allowed to renew for another two years. No 1 year contracts on "annual upgrades".

I just did this today and have my receipt right in front of me. $20 Early Upgrade Fee.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones