1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another article: Fixing Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Apr 27, 2019.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I found another article about the LG V40. This one is about fixing common problems people are having. Personally, the only problem I've had is the fingerprint scanner getting inconsistent. Cleaning with a little cellophane tape fixed it in a few seconds. This article names 10 issues and says it will add more as they arise. It might be a decent article if you need it. Here is the link:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gottabemobile.com/10-common-lg-v40-problems-how-to-fix-them/amp/

I happened to find a second article with the same topic. So if you have problems, you might want to start with one of these.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/lg-v40-thinq-problems-fixes-950355/amp/

However, I have not tried these fixes, so please be careful and backup first!
    You be the judge.

#1 markdoc, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    tube517 and ocnbrze like this.
  2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

The article really didn't address problems, just ways to adjust the V40 to more familiar configurations. Notice that it was written barely 1 month after the phone was released. Judging by the posts here, as well as other forums, the V40 hasn't presented the number of "bugs" that have plagued other devices.

svim, tube517, ocnbrze and 1 other person like this.
  3. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I agree, but I thought there might be lurkers that could use the information.

ocnbrze and PitCarver like this.
  4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Looking at some of the fixes in the article, I've had no lag or freezing on this phone. It's been buttery smooth.

I have been fortunate w/this phone. Very happy w/the performance of it.

markdoc likes this.
  5. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

You're not alone. There are so few posts in this forum, especially ones with problems. The HTC forums I belonged to were full of issues. I'm glad I chose the LG V40 too.

PitCarver and tube517 like this.
  6. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Like I said, earlier, these didn't seem to be "problems" but simple tweeks to the phone. I follow the V40, on 3 different sites, and I haven't seen a real problem yet.

markdoc likes this.
  7. Sunnisan

Sunnisan Lurker

==============

Well rats. I tried to view the gottabemobile link and there were only 2 out of 10 problems/fixes available. But thanks anyway!

8. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Don't be bashful. If you're having other issues, post away. That's what these forums are for. :thumbsupdroid:

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews