1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Another 'back' button solution

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by myxomat0sis, Jul 19, 2010.

1. myxomat0sis

myxomat0sis Newbie
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Hey all,

I'm finding that I'm using the back button A LOT whether browsing the web or just navigating the OS. It kind of sucks because the buttons on the droid x are well, really small, and sometimes hard to press because they are so narrow and flimsy feeling. And depending on how you are holding the phone, it could be a good bit of distance for your thumb to travel or I'm finding myself having to reposition the phone in my hands just to reach the back button, which you seem to need very frequently.

Anyone know of any kind of back 'swipe' implementation ? Like some software you can install that makes it if you swipe left to right on maybe the top bar it goes back?

Advertisement

2. flenn

flenn Newbie
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    Dophin HD browser (free from marketplace) has built-in swipe support. Click on the lower left corner of screen, then swipe for your action.

3. Gotta Be Mac

Gotta Be Mac Member
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    High School Technology/Architecture Teacher
    New Jersey
    Yeah I find myself constantly pressing the back button when in a text message to drop the keyboard. There's also the "Done" button but, we all know that should be a SEND button!

4. bbuck002

bbuck002 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Research Tech
    Buffalo
    if you switch to the swype keyboard(which you can also just type regular on) there is a send button on the keyboard in texting...you don't have to hit done and then send

5. myxomat0sis

myxomat0sis Newbie
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Sweet. I'll check it out. Hopefully it supports animated gifs too as the installed browser doesnt seem to.