• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another battery problem

Hi, first time here, had my Hero about a week and am very much enjoying it.

Like everyone else I was a bit disappointed with the battery life and but was OK with it. The problem is now that the phone has been reporting that the battery is 100% full for the last 12 hours! I'd topped it up before bed last night, having made a few settings changes that are aimed at improving battery life, so first thing this morning when it was still 100% I was amazed, but as time has passed and it is still telling me the same I realise that something is wrong.

I removed the battery life app in the hope that it was causing the problem, and have switched the phone off removed the battery and rebooted, but with no change. I am currently running the battery right down till it turns off and see what happens when I recharge it.

At some point I guess I'll do a factory reset, what app do I use to back up all the contacts/apps etc?

Are there any other suggestions? Has anyone heard of this before? I tried a search but found nothing.

RB

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones