1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another "bricked Galaxy Tab" thread :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phantom1275, May 19, 2011.

1. Phantom1275

Phantom1275 Newbie

Hi people,
    I have just got a Galaxy Tab just for kicks. It's a P1000L brazilian one.
    I want to unbrand it (it's Claro branded, the operator took out Gmail and Gtalk, also assigned search to Yahoo instead of Google), so I have talked to a friend which also has a Galaxy Tab, same model, but unbranded, all Google apps inside.
    My FW is (or was :( ) P1000LVJJJ4, and his FW is P1000LVJJM9, so I went to this thread at TheGalaxyTabForum, downloaded the P1000LVJJM9 FW, PIT file and ODIN 1.3.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Firmware List - The Galaxy Tab Forum
    I have read about the process and started doing it. Here's what happened.
    I haven't checked the partition option, just put the PIT file and the FW file in the correct fields, put my Tab in download mode, clicked start... and after some time, almost at the end, ODIN failed. My Tab got stuck in download mode, yellow triangle. I got it disconnected from the USB cable, than put it again. Restarted the process, but ODIN got stuck in setup connection.
    I took my Tab off the usb cable again, it was still stuck in download mode, yellow triangle. Pressed the power button for a while, it has turned off completely. Now it's bricked, maybe dead. No life signal, nothing happens when I press any button or button combination, nothing is shown when connected to the charger or USB, not recognized in KIES and ODIN, nothing at all.
    Is there any hope for me? What can I do to solve this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Member

When mine wasn't being recognized by ODIN, I had to go in and delete the drivers for the tab and then let it pick them up and reload when I plugged the usb in the computer. ODIN recognized the tab as it was loading the drivers and I was able to load my ROM then. I'm not saying this will work for you, just what I experienced. Also, this may be a stupid question, but are you sure you have enough juice on the battery? Leave it plugged up for a while, maybe that will help.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews