1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another camera thing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeffruby, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Android Enthusiast

So, I've come to terms with the camera, not so much conceding that it is broken, but knowing that the auto function (ai) needs improvement.

I have been instead using normal mode and manually adjusting iso for much better results. "I can live with this"

But, yesterday, I was at my daughters school and these on stage photos, with iso of 100, 200, 400 and then again on sports mode, were impossible... See below.

Couldn't get a noon blurred picture

How would you have taken this shot?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

With such low light and presumably, fast action, I'm not sure you're going to get the best picture with the G2. It also looks like the camera is focusing on the folks in the front and not the subjects on stage.
    If anything, I'd go with the highest ISO and choose "Sports" as the setting. This may help with action shots.

3. Jeffruby

I may be wrong, but when you put in sports, you no longer can adjust the iso

4. Jeffruby

Playing around more it seems all the auto modes are "broken".

If I shake my foot and snap a pic in sports mode (even in well lit area) its blurry. But if I set ISO to 800 (makes sports auto turn to normal mode)- it is far less blurry (but now I likely list the fast shutter of sports).

Hope they allow you to manually adjust ISO AND control shutter speed (or at last have ISO higher on sports)

I'm pretty certain the other modes like landscape have crazy ISO auto picked.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews