1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Another Desire boot problem!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by parriah, Jul 15, 2011.

1. parriah

parriah Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Hi,

I know there are a lot about this particular problem out there on the Internet, but believe me I have tried so many things yet I could not come any close to fixing my problem. So bare this post and if u can help I d be very pleased. Thanks in advance.

First it was rebooting after a while I was using the phone for playing games, or watching videos/movies heavy processing... I figured out it was too hot, let it cool down turn on again works fine.

However, last time it rebooted itself, I thought it is because of the same reason.
    This time it did not even boot up.

When I turn it on, the HTC sign comes up on white screen with a single vibration and that is it. Nothing else.

Phone INFO:
    BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.11.05.27
    Aug 10 2010, 17:52:10

CID : HTC__001
    CARRIER : HTC-WWE
    ROM Version: 2.29.405.5

**I HAVE NEVER ROOTTED THIS PHONE.BEEN USING THE ROM IT CAME WITH**

I can go into Fastboot/HBoot via Back Key+Power. Yet, I almost cant do anything there aswell.

- Recovery; If i choose recovery it goes back to that white screen with HTC sign n stays foreverr.

- Clear Storage; prompts for clearing userdata. Confirming leads to giving me back "DONE" message then Phone reboots and gets to the white screen with HTC on and stays there.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED SO FAR:

***Since, I have the S-ON I tried to setup the AlphaRev and get it turned Off.
    First, I installed the drivers, tried with both Unrevoked drivers and the ones came with HTC SYNC.

With Both AlphaRev DID NOT DETECT MY PHONE. Guessing this is because I cannot boot up my phone to choose debug mode ?? :S correct me here
    Tried to do the same process with CD method and USB both failed.

*** Tried RUU ROM- Failed. Tried almost all the HTC-WWE RUU ROMS
    All detected my phone yet, It got stuck on flashing phase.
    It reboots my phone, then erases the userdata then it gets stuck saying "sending........................"
    Left it for like more than an hour nothing happend.

*** INSTALLED the ANDROID-SDK. However, adb cannot detect my phone. Yet i can see my phone via "fastboot devices".

The problem here is none of the commands work because of the Security ON I guess.
    Example:
    " sending 'recovery' (1874 KB)... OKAY [ 0.297s]
    writing 'recovery'... INFOsignature checking...
    FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
    finished. total time: 0.578s "

*** When I Run Unrevoked it does not do anything. It says "Waiting for device"

*** Formatted the SD-Card, put PB99IMG.zip in it. Gone into Bootloader thru Fastboot. It checked and found the .zip file. Loading bar appeared at the right top corner, Loaded then nothing happened, got back to HBOOT MENU Screen where recovery and clear storage are.

After that I took battery, sd card out. Turned on, still it gets stuck on the white screen.

SO, now I cannot get the security off, i cant do almost anything IS there anything I am doing it Wrong ?? or it is not software issues might be a hardware fault?

If help d be appreciated thanks again.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    It's s hardware fault that eventually caused a software fault. Send it to HTC

parriah likes this.
Tags: