1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Another Dinc 1 to Dinc 2 Thread sorry...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shoust, Jun 20, 2011.

1. shoust

shoust Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Ok Guy's and Gal's I see someone has already asked some questions so I will try to keep it to a minimum. I had a screen crack so I went through the Asurion replacement deal and they sent me a new dinc right away. Today I get my 1st call and the speaker was terrible! Man oh man I was upset I hate going through all the Bs so I place the call and they do there thing and tell me to pull the battery and do a reboot?? (Like that was going to help) No dice! So she Tell's me that they will need to replace the phone and because I had trouble they are going to upgrade my phone to the dinc 2. Well I immediately tell her that I just bought a new Otterbox Defender and she Tell's me No worries the phones are the same dimensions?? I'm not so sure?? I say Ok then I guess I' good with that? Well I got to thinking what am I supposed to do with my SD card that I paid extra for when I bought the phone?? Will I be able to transfer my pix and other things off of the SD card? Also what other big issues will I run into? I am worried about the Otterbox because I will break the phone without it....Anyone need and otterbox for a Dec 1?? I suspect that this one will not work anymore... Just a gut that she is full of it because there is NO track ball and the buttons are not the same so I have been told. Thanks

Advertisement

2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    I am pretty sure the 1 and the 2 are not the same dimensions ... But don't know for a fact. As for the SD card, you should be able to use it in the 2.

3. Angels Punishment

Angels Punishment Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    The Incredible 2 is larger and a case for the Incredible 1 will not fit.

4. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    CPA
    Irvine, CA
    There is a lot to like about the INC 2 including larger screen, easier to read in bright light, front facing camera, global calling, longer battery life, better sound IMO; downsides new case, no Root, no Netflix, no Trackball although I don't miss it. Just sell your Otterbox on eBay.

5. tfalk

tfalk Newbie
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    Somerset NJ
    I know your pain... Drove over my Dinc-1 (damn thing still worked with a destroyed screen!), they sent me a DOA replacement, then sent me a Dinc-2. My kids bought me an otter-box for the Dinc-2 for fathers day, I don't see how the case for the Dinc-1 will fit since the Dinc-2 is larger. I had just bought an extra extended battery and case for the 1 as well, it does not fit the 2. Probably end up putting it on ebay at this point.

What killed me was all my pictures were on the internal memory of the old phone, no way to access it I couldn't mount the disk drives with the screen destroyed. Bummer... If your replacement phone works otherwise, you should be able to save your pictures to the SD card and move them to the new phone.

6. shoust

shoust Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Yea this phone is bigger,bummer. No worries I will sell it on e-bay and then bay a new case and with luck I won't destroy it in the mean time. Now I have a question about the sd card that is in the Dinc 1. Does it simply fit in the new Dinc? Where is the card inserted? As far as the Global Sim card do I have to do anything with that if I am not going out of the Country? Also how do I remove pix from one to the other? If the memory card will work in the new phone then moving pix won't be nessesary??

7. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    EMT
    NH
    I went from the Inc 1 to 2 after 4 Refurbs. Finally bit the bullet and just did the warrenty. They gave me the Inc 2. So far, I absolutely LOVE it! I loved my original Inc, but I feel this one is better. And am I the only one who loves the 4" screen? For some reason, it rivals my friends' iPhone displays. It is just vivid and incredibly crisp. Like others though, I miss Netflix (any idea when we will get it?) and the trackpad. And I WANT the Gingerbread update. It should have come with GB!
    Also had it for a week, and battery life, while much better than the Inc 1, still isn't that great and cannot get me through the day..