• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another DroidX N00b

MatJMonk

Lurker
Dec 27, 2010
Hello all,

I've been lurking on this board for several weeks while trying to decide whether to replace my BB Storm 1 with a Droid X, as you can tell from the title, I did take the plunge! I'm a developer by trade and thought I could figure out this phone but it has been a serious learning curve! I'm just starting to get the hang of it, I've managed to root, and have installed two different ROMs now, the latest being the Apex. The Apex experience is the main reason that I decided to join the site. I think the Droid is wicked! I like the touchscreen, keyboard and the browser is freaking awesome as is the Apex ROM!!!! :D I still miss the BB for the weather and notification apps (Berry Weather and Berry Buzz) that I had, I've searched the market numerous times but just can't find anything that compares to those apps so I'll just wait patiently and hope that someone will come up with something compareable for the Droid.

I've been finding the forums quite helpful and now that I'm finally learning all of the terminology maybe I can learn even more!

Cheers!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones