1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another Facebook Update??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jamesmckeephx, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

does anyone know what this one actually did? lol. there has been like 3 updates since the Froyo. Maybe one day they will get it right. :eek:

2. Nodders

Nodders Android Enthusiast

I hate Facebook updates. You just know they're tinkering with security permissions again in some of them and you're going to find something really nasty in a few weeks time.

3. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert

the comments seemed to suggest that it would go from its UI to the mobile browser. i didnt update based on this so i cant be sure

4. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Facebook's android facebook says it fixes the battery drain issue people were having.

5. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

Hope this is true!

6. thomsonga

thomsonga Newbie

Wasn't that in the last update?

chtamina likes this.
  7. The last update really didn't seem to help my battery issues. Anyone know of a change log?
    [​IMG]

8. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

does this fix the continual addition of the same facebook contact to your phone contact?

9. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Android Enthusiast

so far so good.

10. landwomble

landwomble Newbie

1.3.2 has at least one difference. Whilst trying to fix the mess 1.3.1 had made of my contacts (loads of login.facebook.auth entries) I went into 1.3.1 FB app...settings...remove facebook data...then reenabled contact sync. eventually this worked.
    On 1.3.2 this menu is no longer there: you only have the settings available under accounts and sync main android menu.

seems to work OK anyway. about bloody time.

11. Soufjerzz

Soufjerzz Member

After the update it no longer allows me to sync with FB contacts. Samsung Moment Running 2.1

12. DROIDing

DROIDing Android Enthusiast

Is the Face Book app for Android 2.2 good, or would it be just as good or better to use the browser to go to the actual Facebook.com website? Does the app post videos and pictures and have the full functionality?

13. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised to see that my facebook app had updated all by itself, with no approval from me. Anyone know how to change this "feature"??

I had a notification tonight of 3 updates and that fb had completed it's update. Huh?

14. scoob55

scoob55 Member

uninstall, as you reinstall there is a check box that says 'update automatically'....uncheck it

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Just a note, for some of you (I know this is true of Samsung Acclaim users) if Facebook came with your phone, you won't get update notifications because you didn't install it from the Market. To fix this, simply look for it and install it. I just did that, and while I can't confirm that it will give me update notifications, it should, now that Facebook For Android is under my list of installed apps; it should notify me as it does with others.

16. DROIDing

Speaking of Face Book that came with the phone (in my case, a Droid 2 last week), and other factory installed bloat ware... how can I permanently uninstall these programs/apps that I do not want/need? Thanks! :D

17. namoroman

namoroman Well-Known Member

You can't without root access unfortunately.

DROIDing likes this.
  18. DROIDing

Even with the uninstall app huh? I was afraid of that... I can't believe it isn't somehow illegal to have a customer pay for a product, and not be able to customize that product to free up more memory. Unreal. Well, as I have been running into a lot lately... looks like I'll have to continue to wait for the Droid 2 root :)