1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Another Gmail vs HTC Mail vs K9 thread...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JCimp, Sep 10, 2010.

1. JCimp

JCimp Member

May 5, 2010
    So I've been using K9 for a few months now, and have been pretty happy with it, although sometimes it just won't update when I have new mail.

Now with the Gmail app, is there a way to make the messages all pre-load, so that it doesn't take 5 seconds to load each message you click on? That is absolutely killing me. And that's really my only gripe with it.

As far as the HTC Mail, I would probably use it, but I can't figure out a way to do multi-select of messages. If there is a way, please let me know.

Advertisement

2. jumperpin

jumperpin Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ditched the HTC Mail til they fix the horrendous memory leak in Froyo. Also, it would remove messages from Gmail server.

Am so far happy w/ K9.

3. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    K9 while it doesn't update as well as HTC and GMail . it's hands down better, especially being able to copy and paste text from emails that's a big help. Plus I think the layout is just all around better.

Anyone used Touchdown? is it worth the money?

4. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    K-9 is hands down the best...for now...

5. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    just wish that either gmail or k9 could do cut and paste like the HTC app

6. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

I use HTC for a couple of reasons, allows me to copy and paste text from a email msg and I love the widget but i never tried k9

7. crazycell

crazycell Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Nat'l Sales Mgr.
    Western Burbs - Chicago
    Touchdown is Corp Exchange only. I use Touchdown for work and K9 for home.......both are fantastic programs. Have never had a problem with K9 loading messages. I go the the site daily and always update to whatever release they are at.

8. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    I haven't tried K9 or the HTC app. But i don't have this issue you speak of. Maybe mine aren't preloading, but the load times are not noticeable at all to me.

9. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    For me Gmail does not handle nonGmail accounts (obviously), so I never even tried it. HTC had the same memory leak on my eris, so I moved to K9. Then I got the pure message widget, so I moved to K9 for pure. A version or two behind regular K9, but the widget makes up for that.

-Nkk

10. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    I have my Gmail and my work email set up with K9 and I notice that my computer gets my work emails way before my phone (2-10minutes) and Gmail on my phone will get it before K9 by a few minutes also.

Really I don't care , just stating that it's not as fast. And I have it set to update always

11. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

I've never noticed a problem with K9 not updating, but I only use it for a POP3 account, not IMAP/Exchange. Don't use a task killer / Don't kill tasks.

K9 has copy/paste, though I'm not sure how it compares to HTC's implementation. I use it in K9 all the time and it works fine.

12. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    I have a few AOL accounts being pulled into my main gmail acct, and it works flawlessly