• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

another incredible commercial

I heard one of the commercials for the incredible on the radio a few weeks ago. They used an interesting approach, not mentioning actual numbers but replacing "1ghz snapdragon processor" with something like "blazing fast new processor" and such. I remember when droid commercials came out they were all about numbers ... looks like they are catering more to the "average joe" who would rather hear "SUPER DUPER FAST" vs "1ghz processor"

Upvote 0
Thinking back to how they marketed this phone before it was released (namely by NOT marketing it) there may be a correlation with the commercial dropping while the phone is out of stock.

They did an extremely good job of making this phone "viral". They had people all over the internet fighting to learn about their phone without even acknowledging it existed. Now that enough of a portion of the market has their hands on the phone to create a buzz, they are creating a likewise demand by hyping it and having it somewhat unavailable. The elusiveness makes it more appealing, and more people will demand this device.

IF this is what Verizon is doing, it is genius.

Reactions: Tony Touch
Upvote 0
I heard one of the commercials for the incredible on the radio a few weeks ago. They used an interesting approach, not mentioning actual numbers but replacing "1ghz snapdragon processor" with something like "blazing fast new processor" and such. I remember when droid commercials came out they were all about numbers ... looks like they are catering more to the "average joe" who would rather hear "SUPER DUPER FAST" vs "1ghz processor"

My friend that rides a bike thinks my cobalt is Super Duper Fast. I drive a cobalt and think my friend's Nissan GT-R is Super Duper Fast..

But not putting numbers, everything is made relative..

Upvote 0
130416999_708672b1c1.jpg

Well all i know is that my droid incredible IS super duper fast. I double dog dare ya to come up with something better!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones