• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Launcher Pro question/problem

SCStradler

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
I am having a problem with changing the icons in the Launcher Pro dock. When I change the default icons with something else, it just launches the default program rather that the one that I switched it to. E.g. if i switch the contacts icon to the sms, it still launches contacts rather than sms. I am also having a problem adding icons to the vacant spots on the doc. It lets me add the icon, but nothing launches when I tap it. I have searched all over these forums along with other android/droid forums with do success in finding a solution to this problem. I have a D1 and manually updated to Froyo FRG01B this last week. Any suggestions/links to a fix? would upgrading to Plus potentially fix the problem?

Eric

I think you need to change the shortcut AND the icon. If you change the shortcut first, it will automatically change to the default icon and ask which icon you want to use, but if you just change the icon, the link behind it still points to the same app. I hope I am understanding the problem correctly - at least that is the problem I was having at first.

Upvote 0
No need to. It's pretty evident that this is a case of user error. The OP is mistakenly thinking that changing the icon changes the shortcut when all he's doing is changing the graphic associated with the existing shortcut.

unfortunately you were right. It was all user error. I was running under the assumption that changing the icon would automatically change the short cut as well. After a little work, I got all the icons and shortcuts worked out. Thanks for the help, I love the app and this little problem has been frustrating me for a few days.

Eric

Upvote 0
unfortunately you were right. It was all user error. I was running under the assumption that changing the icon would automatically change the short cut as well. After a little work, I got all the icons and shortcuts worked out. Thanks for the help, I love the app and this little problem has been frustrating me for a few days.

Eric

It happens to all of us at one time or another.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones