• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Living Legend Gone

Truly a cr@p way to start the day. I woke up to the radio and thought "I must still be dreaming 'cos that sounds like a tribute... OH SH*T NOOOOOOOO!!" :(

I was lucky enough to see the 'classic' Kilmister/Clarke/Taylor line-up at the Glasgow Apollo back in the very early 80s, when as a dare I held my head against one of the stageside PA cabs for the duration of "Bomber". The after-show liquid rewards almost made up for three days of tinnitus. :)

And, for those of us with even longer memories, here he is pre-Motorhead with Hawkwind (and Stacia!)

RIP, Big Man. You were a legend, will be sorely missed but fondly remembered. I'll have a bottle of Jack's finest in my hand as the Ne'er rolls in, in your memory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones