1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another MetroPCS problem. Oh, my.

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Kaylagotmilk, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Kaylagotmilk

Kaylagotmilk Newbie

I have had my MetroPCS Ascend since January and have had little to no problems. Of course it wasn't the fastest thing, but it worked. I have noticed a 3G symbol where usually a 1X is. This is when my problems started. I went to the MetroPCS store and even the lady there commented on how slow my phone was. (She has the same one.) She did the update to 2.2 for me and it was really no help. I just want to know if I can get my 1X back or I can make the 3G work?

I read some things and I guess 1X is technically 3G? So I don't fully understand what MetroPCS is doing or why my phone won't work because of it... My sister has the EXACT same phone and hasn't had a 3G symbol and her's is working fine. Any suggestions or advice will be of help, please.

Nobody has replied to my last thread so I will make another one.

Why does my MetroPCS Ascend have a 3G symbol now? And why won't it work. Nothing loads.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

That generally means that either nobody has an answer, or someone who has one hasn't yet seen your topic. Repeating the same question again is simply counter-productive.

Have you seen this topic? It might offer assistance.

3. henalvfa

henalvfa Member

A quick search wouldnt hurt.
    Im assuming you have the Huawei Ascend.

Metro is upgrading their network to 3G, hence the 1x symbol will change to 3G.
    This should not affect the performance of the phone whatsoever, but make your internet or data transfer faster.

A master reset for the phone should be enough.

its one of the problems with the ascend, it has little RAM for apps and a slow processor.
    If you want to increase the performance of your phone id recomend you looking onto installing CM7 Android 2.3, which involves rooting and flashing your phone to that OS, if youre not savvy enough please dont do it as your phone may brick, and it will be out of warranty.

Good luck man,

Kaylagotmilk likes this.