1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Another Motorcycle Mounted Evo 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by charlesdonahue, Aug 11, 2010.

1. charlesdonahue

charlesdonahue Active Member

May 14, 2010
    I mounted my Evo to my 1990 BMW K75s using the hard backing of the seidio limited edition case. Mounted that to my bike, and snap in my Evo anytime I want to ride with music (plug in my ear buds), or GPS.

Love this phone. Pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Wow nice. I'd be worried about that thing popping out over a bump though. My dad had a K75s back in the day...'89 or '90.

3. slimshady

slimshady Member

Jul 28, 2010
    20yr old bike and only 17k miles you need to get out and ride more :p

4. StuntHard

StuntHard Member

May 22, 2010
    what you have it mounted to your fork stem? and how?

5. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    thats outstanding... as far as it popping out... i had a $2 universal holder from walmart that my Pre was in and drove 600 miles to central arizona without it popping out

6. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

Very nice, clean...

7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    very clean very nice....

but i would think that the face of the phone is facing the sky to directly. EVO has a lot of glare. If you are trying to view the EVO (GPS or other) you will have a hard time.

8. charlesdonahue

charlesdonahue Active Member

May 14, 2010
    I'm riding to Detroit and Toronto from Chicago Mon - Thurs. Then I'm riding to Indianapolis from Chicago Tues - Wed. I just bought this bike with 6,600 miles on it last season, and I've been putting some miles on it.

I took the back part of THIS EVO COVER, put some stick plastic velcro (the kind of stuff you use for an ez-pass/ipass stuck to your windshield for tolls). I have an additional strip on my bike. I'm thinking about reinforcing the plastic sticky velcro stuff with super glue, but I don't think it's necessary. Seems pretty damn solid, I've put a good 200 miles of highway riding (70-90mph), and it doesn't move. It sits kind of in the sweet spot under the cover of my windshield.

I use it mostly to listen to music. I put the player on shuffle, click the phone into the mount face-down (as to avoid any debris from the road snagging the screen), plug my ear buds in, and listen to my music. I haven't used it much for GPS yet, but I imagine I will when I'm out of town. Mid-day it is harder to read the screen (when the sun is beating down on it), but a cup of the hand quickly fixes that. Otherwise, it seems to work great for GPS when I tested it.

9. BoomerFZ1

BoomerFZ1 Active Member

May 31, 2010
    I'ma do this for complete protection![​IMG]

10. ked0607

ked0607 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    i have a stem mounted ram aqua box for mine. a lil big and bulky but its water tight

Tags: