1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Another new Droid Charge user...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KupKrazy, Jun 26, 2011.

1. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    New Droid Charge user (just got it today at Costco for $179) here... I'm actually an ATT person but I needed a secondary phone from another carrier - and knowing about the data caps coming up, I thought what better than to pick up an LTE phone from Verizon. After some hard back and forth between the Droid Charge and the Thunderbolt, I decided to pick up the Charge for a change of pace seeing that I already had the HTC Inspire on ATT. Also, I previously had an HTC Desire with the AMOLED display and I really missed that.

So far, I have to say that I'm liking what I see from the Charge. I haven't really played with it much yet but that screen is to die for. :)

I know there was talk about the back cover and lightness making it feel cheap - but I personally don't get that impression. I am planning on getting a case for it anyway to protect it, but it otherwise doesn't feel cheap.

I've only known Android under the Sense UI which I do like so this TouchWiz is very new to me and takes some getting used to. I'm afraid I might like how the HTC Sense handled contacts, but not entirely sure. Is there any way to make the font smaller? Hmmm..

We'll see how it goes. Costco has a 90 day return policy. :) But so far, I do like it.

Advertisement

2. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Careful, I believe the 3rd party wireless kiosk guys have a 14 day policy...or maybe that's for canceling and nullifying the 2-yr contract.

Maybe the 90-day is to exchange for another VZW device? Not sure.

BTW, the wife and I will be visiting Costco tomorrow to discuss switching from ATT. When you purchase a phone from Costso, do you walk out with it or does it come in the mail days later after buying form Costco?

I travel a lot and will be out of state next week, and not around to receive a phone via mail if we port over tomorrow.....

3. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    14 days to cancel contract, then up to 90 days to excahnge or return device (after 14 days if you return for refund yu get ETF from VZ). I have heard different stories as to whther during the 15-90 days whether you can get just exchange for same device or another VZ device. Kiosk guys told me has to be same device, but others on here have said any other device from same carrier. I reset my 90 days yesterday by cancelling and returning my DC that locked 3 times and re-purchased so if the Bionic is out in under 90 days and is that good then I will exchange for that.

4. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    Yes, you walk out of Costco with the phone, they have the inventory there. I think if you do it online they would mail you the phone.

The kiosk wireless rep there said that it's 14 days to cancel the contract, but Costco's policy is 90 days returns on the phone and there was a big sign saying that. I asked if I could exchange the phone 60 days down the line for another if I ended up not liking the phone. He told me that it I could exchange it for any another phone during that 90 day period and will still be eligible for the discounted price since it's an opening account phone. If indeed true, that's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure the new phone would have to be with VZW though because the discounted price will be because of the new account linked to it.