1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another new phone topic

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Gooly, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Gooly

Gooly Lurker

Hi guys,

Currently have a HTC Wildfire (not the S). I use it for texting, calling, whatsapp, google maps and the camera, in that order. Nothing else. I like everything about it except the fact that it is so. damn. slow. Texts take an age to load even after clearing, reseting, rebooting, etc, maps takes about 10 minutes to do anything, the phone sometimes locks up when recieving calls making me miss them, wifi shuts down sometimes, all little things that stops it from performing it's most basic functions. I like the way android works and I like HTC Sense, and the little things like the LED notification flasher.

I want a new phone that has all these, works quicker and without major problems. It would be nice if it was durable as well and had a battery charge that lasted at least a day with normal use, and I'd rather it wasn't too big. The HTC One X is what I'd consider too big for my needs. Whats out there at the moment? The One S looks great but it seems to have problems with connection dropping, durability and apparently Whatsapp doesn't work on it. Can anyone help? As you can tell I don't need anything fancy, just something that performs those basic things well enough.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

A Desire S would do those well enough. Granted its not new and won't get the latest. You could try looking at Sony. The Xperia U and P are nice phones.