1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support another "new to android" thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghetto24, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ghetto24

ghetto24 Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    metlife
    illinois
    so i was a long time blackberry guy and recently got the htc desire. its coming along rather well until recently i encountered a problem.

i want to change the tone for my notifications but no matter what i select, it stays on one i downloaded. i deleted the tone that its stuck on and even deleted the app but it still wont change.

any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello ghetto24, welcome to the forums.

Sometimes a 3rd party ringtone app will cause the system to prioritize a bit differently than stock. It's best to clear cache and data on both the new app and the stock one in order to set things straight again. It's not usually necessary to remove the 3rd party app that does that, as long as the cache and data clearing is done when going back to stock tones.

Go into the application manager: menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sort by "all." After it's all loaded on the list, go into everything to do with ringtones and clear data and cache, then reboot your device.

Following that, you'll have to take the trouble to reconfigure notifications in menu > sound and display, of course.

ghetto24 likes this.
  3. ghetto24

ghetto24 Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    metlife
    illinois
    i really appreciate it. it worked just fine!!!

Tags: