1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another Nexus 5 almost a year out?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wrend, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Wrend

Wrend Member

Yes, sir! :car:

I just ordered me up another one. Going with a Black 32GB one this time around even though I don't store media on the device itself. Need the extra space for on the go HD video recording as my installed apps take up around 9GB just by themselves.

This is still the best phone money can buy for what I want from my main mobile "smart" device/cell phone. And yes, that seems kind of crazy almost a year out, especially considering how reasonably priced the Nexus 5 is. Guess that just goes to show what I think about everything else out there, but lets not dwell on that. The rooted stock Android "experience" I've had on my Nexus 5s has been amazing in a down to earth, this is how things should be kind of way for me.

Let me know what you guys think. If you didn't already have a Nexus 5 or were in the market for a new "smart" phone, would you be picking up one this far out? Maybe you'd wait for the next Nexus 5 type device, or maybe you've already moved on to something else?

Rxpert83 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

Totally agree, and if I had need for an additional phone, it's be another Nexus 5. Mine is stock rooted with elementalX kernel, and it does everything I could want.

3. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

After 6 months or so with the N5, I'd say an enthusiastic yes. I might have considered the new Moto X, except that its price went way up off contract. So I still think the N5 is the best phone for the money, and still one of the best phones you can get, period.

4. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

I returned not long ago too. I couldn't be happier, especially if the rumours of the size of the next Nexus model turn out to be true. I don't want a bigger phone so I'll be sticking with the N5 and enjoying Android L.

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I might have waited to see what the nex(us)t brings, but at that point you wouldn't be able to buy new nexus 5's.

Its still a great phone :thumbup: One year in and its still a good ride - and I can be pretty hard to please.

6. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

I agree with you guys. Best phone I have ever owned.
    I am interested in the new Nexus 6 but in all honesty, I just do not need a new phone. The Nexus 5 is perfect for what I need.
    I honestly think I will go for the new Nexus 9 tablet instead. I am using a nexus 7 2013 tablet and have no issues at all but the new 9 is hopefully a decent upgrade.

Rxpert83 likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews