1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another noob firmware question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by misterdun, Apr 21, 2012.

1. misterdun

misterdun Lurker

Apologies to those who get angry about people not doing their research as I already have and am just need advice. I have a UK unbranded S2 that I tried to update to ICS. The upgrade got stuck and I unplugged. I tried to recover using emergency recovery and this also failed. I contacted Samsung who told me to take it to a service centre (phone not rooted so still in warranty) but the nearest one is 30 miles away. I decided to flash the stock firmware myself which went fine but now I cannot upgrade via kies so don't know whether I have the correct stock gingerbread firmware (I9100XWLP7_I9100XEULP5_XEU) as found it very confusing as to which one is correct. If I flash the official ICS rom will I lose all my apps/app data in the process (but if done through kies I wouldn't)? I presume my warranty is also now void?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Lp7 is the latest ics release.
    Post up the information in settings, about phone, so we can determine what state your phone is in in terms of firmware, modem, kernel etc.

3. misterdun

misterdun Lurker

Android version 2.3.4
    Baseband I9100 XXKI1
    Kernel 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKI4-CL575468 root@dell143 #2
    Build gingerbread.XWKI4

Hope I didn't miss anything. Thanks for responding.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews