1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another Noob!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by El Bee, Feb 2, 2011.

1. El Bee

El Bee Lurker

Hi! :)

I have just this evening got an X8 and it's driving me to distraction! My W595 died on me yesterday and i am finding the X8 extremely hard to use.

I cannot for the life of me find a way to insert or for that matter find the smilies for text messages and i could just cry!

The instructions are no use at all.....

I am hoping you are all going to tell me that this is a great phone and i have made the right choice, i am sure i have as i love my SE but i'm just not feeling the love right now :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Welcome to Android Forums!

3. Lupajz

Lupajz Well-Known Member

This is really great device :) You reminded me of my first reaction when I got this phone. :) Dont worry and you should start reading some topics first :)

For the smileis you can download alternative keyboard for input with moded buttons specialy for smileis :) I recommend you the Smart Keyboard Pro :) i thinks it is really the best keyboard ever released :)
    Link :
    And don't worry and ask :)

4. rosered

rosered Android Expert

I love the HTC_IME keyboard for the X8, a guide is in the sticky at the top of the forum but for texting then download the Handcent SMS app free from the market. Next to the text input box there is a lightening bolt symbol and if you tap this you get Smiley's and loads of other options. It is a great texting app in its own right and one of the few that I would really not want to live without!

The other way to do it is long press on the 12?! button second from the left at the bottom of the keyboard and you will get a pop up screen of smilies.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews