• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another notification issue

dylane

Oct 22, 2010
Fairly regularly I will get an audible alert that I have a new email and will then go and check my phone, and the notification area will be empty. If I actually go to my laptop, or open the phone's email client I will see that I do have new emails, but no sign of them in the notifications. This is inconsistent and most of the time notifications are there as expected, but I've seen this maybe a half dozen times in the last week or two.

A separate issue I have is many times notifications will pop back up again and again in the notification center even after I've cleared them. Things like missed calls and text messages will occasionally show up days after I originally cleared them.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones