1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another odd MIUI question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by breendrew, Dec 23, 2011.

1. breendrew

breendrew Member

So, I always seem to run into these weird deals with this ROM lol. Anyways long story short, I slept through my alarm this am. Somehow my alarm turns itself off after minutes. I took a sleep med last night that left me groggy this am and poof. Im an hour late to work. Anyone know how to change the alarm to never turn off?

CornfedChris likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rothe

rothe Well-Known Member

That "auto shut-off" is apparently by design, and there's no over-ride for it in the clock settings. You might try setting multiple alarms if you think you're likely to sleep through one. (0630, 0645, 0700, etc.) You can also try putting the phone closer to your sleeping position.

CornfedChris likes this.
  3. CornfedChris

CornfedChris Well-Known Member

I didn't know this... Thank you breendrew for sharing your experience with us.

Your 'hour late to work' just might help out us MIUI users not have to go through it as well. :)

4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

I overslept through both my normal alarm clock and my phone's alarm (which I use as a backup) this morning, I feel your pain :(. I don't think you can have the phone alarm continue indefinitely.

5. on cm7 the alarm continues until I shut it off. very VERY annoying, but seriously effective at getting my lazy arse out of bed.

I havent had to use the alarm on miui yet, seems the days i need an alarm i just happen to have cm7 installed.

I see settings for ringtone repeat though for alarms, try playing around with these, maybe its set to not repeat?

soundping and ziggy46 like this.
  6. agentc13

My issue is that I turn it off and go back to sleep :(.

7. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

LOL "arse" :D

and yea i also have slept through my alarms guys... it sucks! :( i was supposed to wake up a 6:00 am for school, and didnt wake up till 2:00 pm! and when i woke up the alarm was still going off. :p

8. I solved that problem too!

I put my phone in a bowl so its louder than normal, and put it far enough that i absolutely have to get out of bed to turn it off. once im up i cant go back so i might hate myself and the world but it gets me up :D

9. agentc13

It happens to me like 4 times a year, I usually get up just fine.

I think I derailed this thread, lets try to get back on topic. ;)

10. Marialle

Marialle Member

I use Alarm Clock Xtreme. It has a lot more settings than the stock alarm clock, and you can of course choose it to not turn off by itself. I also set it to where I have to solve math problems before I can dismiss the alarm. It always takes me forever to get up and I often sleep through alarms, but this one works pretty well.

11. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Android Enthusiast

I use this too as it has the option to wake me up without giving me a heart attack using the crescendo mode. The absolute best feature of the alarm clock

12. melissapugs

melissapugs Android Enthusiast

I figured out that MIUI tick the hard way, My solution - I have nine alarms, overlapping at times, varying tones on all of them. I haven't tried running tasker on MIUI yet, but I had a wonderful series of custom alarms on that - you can set it just about any darn way you please. Hmmm, might need to go try Tasker out on MIUI :D

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews