1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Another rebooting story.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rogs128, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Rogs128

Rogs128 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Hi there

This is a slightly different version of this story...

I have had my Desire HD for about 15 months now on Orange. During this time I have had the occasional rebooting problem and also the "No SIM inserted" error even when there was one in there.

Early this year I did the Sense 3.0 OTA upgrade and then my problems really started.

The phone would randomly reboot and not be able to connect to the network. This could last anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours, but then it would connect to the network and be quite stable.

I lived with this for a while, but was unable to let the battery fully discharge, do a manual restart or switch off. Tried a couple of factory resets that did nothing other than wiped my data....

Eventually I got fed up enough to actuallt call Orange. They went through a diagnostic script and then told me that due to the age of the phone I would have to send it to HTC.

Called HTC and they went through almost the same script, booked me in for a repair and off the phone went.

It was returned in about 4 days. Unrepaired claiming there was liquid damage that was not covered by the warranty.

In the meantime I had bought a PAYG SIM as my contract SIM wouldn't work in an old SE W995 that I had at home. When the DHD came back I just thought 'Why not try the PAYG SIM.....What harm can it do?'

And guess what? No rebooting, connected to network straight away and 24 hours later it was still connected.

Called Orange and they said that the SIM was damaged. A new one was sent out and I am now a happy bunny again, even with my liquid damaged phone!!

Why did no-one ask me to try a different SIM?
    Why didn't I think to try another SIM?
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    Can I expect my DHD to damage another SIM?

This contract with Orange isn't up until December

Advertisement