• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Another Return to S-On and Stock

Ok so I've downloaded a new copy, tried a download at work on a different internet connection/pc and still get errors. I can see the phone if I type 'fastboot devices' but I either get a status malformed error or a signature verify fail error. I'm guessing this is my last option so looks as though I'm goosed :(

Upvote 0
I tried getting the zip to install going through it blind with no luck. However I read about someone having a similar error in fastboot and they had suggested to run the following:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip pb99img.zip

That failed so I then ran this line staight away again:
Code:
fastboot flash zip pb99img.zip

At that point it completed but the green progress bar was stuck at the end. Eventually I decided to unplug the phone and a hboot menu appeared with ruu listed as the only option. At this point I maybe could have just restarted it but as I was unsure I tried to run the ruu. That completed successfully and rebooted. After that it WORKED!!!! Now just need to arrange my repair with HTC. :D

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Was that a new one for you SUroot?

My phone's arrived at the repair centre today so we'll see what happens. I've now got a bit of a dilemma if it comes back ok. Do I keep the Orange Monte Carlo with the larger screen/better speaker or go back to my Desire with the ARM7 processor? If only I could merge the two phones together :D

Upvote 0
Glad it wasn't something straightforward that i'd missed then :)

Phone came back yesterday and all working. Really impressed with HTC repairs. It was only sent away Monday :eek:

Now trying to decide what rom to go for. Got it s-offed and 4ext installed which is nice although it's a shame for CWM to go, i've used it for so long.

Now to decide which rom to go for. I've installed 4 different ones this morning! I was on Oxygen before but keep thinking about going back to the dark side and trying Sense for a bit. I'm sure it'll pass when I realise how slow it is ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones