1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another Revolutionary beta key problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Judd07, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Judd07

Judd07 Lurker

Hi guys,
    I've tried looking for an answer to my problem but nothing seems to work. Im trying to root my phone and cant get the beta key to be accepted. I've got the drivers and the revolutionary file downloaded and revolutionary finds my phone when connected. I've checked the serial number against what was shown in the about section of my phone and it matches. I've copied and pasted from the website, i've manually typed the key in and i've copied to notepad then to the dos window and still it says invalid! Any ideas as really frustrating me now.

Cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Judd07

Judd07 Lurker

Right guys, just to update, I got my phone rooted in the end. After trying and trying it was me not reading my own writing right lol. What I was reading as a 5 was an S :p Everytime I checked my serial number it was right but when I typed it into the key generator I typed it as 5 not S. Next time I'll try writing more clearly lol Sorry for taking up space on the forum wall and if any moderators want to delete the thread please feel free.
    Cheers

3. Judd07

Judd07 Lurker

I've actually flashed that rom tonight but I do have a query. I flashed an ICS rom the other night just to try it out and have to say, cant wait till someone gets a fully functioning version up (assuming i haven't missed one in my searches) When i flashed the rom i backed up but didn't wipe. When I booted the new rom i had all my old messages and my apps already there. I did also use titanium backup. When i flashed the rom tonight (I'd restored from the other rom) i used superwipe as instructed and flashed the rom. Now i have no messages and no apps! Can i get these back? I did flash the new rom from a different sd card but did another backup beforehand.
    Cheers

4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

If you backed up like you said using Titanium then your backup will be on your SD Card, just install Titanium from the Market and then do a restore through Titanium.

Titanium will look for your backup and restore it.

Make sure that you do not restore system apps data though, like Mail, Gmail etc because this will most likely cause you problems in the long run.

Also, the forum in my link above is awesome for any help :)

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews