• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another Ringtone question

ggarland

Oct 25, 2010
I have a Samsung Captivate through AT&T.

If I go to Settings > Voice Call Ringtone, I can see the custom ringtones that I have added to the phone, however if I go to Settings > Notification Ringtone, I can only see the stock ringtones.

Can anyone tell why that is, and how do I get my custom ringtones viewable under Notification Ringtone?

Thank you.

So, the Captivate doesn't draw the ringtones from one file? You have to have duplicate your ringtone files to be able to choose which ones you want for different applications?

Surely you jest .....

If you use a program like Ringdroid to create your ringtones it doesn't ask you where you want to save to. It just asks if you want to save or not. If you have to place ringtones in specific folders depending on which application you are wanting to associate it with, every time you create a new ringtone you will have to go in and find where Ringdroid saves to and then move it to one or both of those new folders.

Where are the stock ringtones saved? You can see all of them in both places.

Upvote 0
It's like this for all Android devices. Ringtones folder is for ringtones. Notifications folder is for notifications. Alarms folder is for alarms. There are apps that can make media files appear in all lists but I don't have any names or links handy for you.

Generally, I don't use the same tones for ringtones, notifications and alarms.

Where are the stock ringtones saved? You can see all of them in both places.
/system/media/audio/ringtones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones