• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another samsung.android.incallui question. But, with a twist??

DrwalterLLC

Lurker
Dec 10, 2019
OK, from googling the crap outta this. I know people are passing this one by with, "Not another one of those dweebs.."

Long/Short: My Google Activity Log shows. That I used what I now know is the In-Call User Interface multiple times a day. For a handful of days during a certain time last year.

Now, I can number how many times I've used my cell phone as an actual phone the last few years on one hand. OK, maybe 5 hands.

During that time frame. All of my statements say I didn't make any phone calls, and not a whole lot of text messages either. I have my phone bills from before, and after also. Any calls I made during any time surrounding that certain handful of days. All match with my Google Activity.

So, what do it be?? Any guesses? Thanks much for your time.

(Edited for sanity.)

(Info Edit: We're talking like 3 to 5 times a day for a string of 5 days. It's listed under the android log of course, and the description is: Used com.samsung.android.incallui. With Galaxy S8 next to the device description. Which I had at the time.)
You Don't Think It Be Like It Is. But It Do...... It Do..

Last edited:
Maybe you were being called but didn't answer?

I've not had this quite so concentrated in time, but last year I got a fair number of "missed call" scam calls: sometimes I'd hear the phone ring once, but more often I'd just see a missed call from an unfamiliar number on it. It seemed clear that they were trying to ensure I missed it by hanging up the moment it connected in the hope I'd ring back for some reason (or possibly just verifying that the number was live). It seems to have gone out of fashion now. But if I had activity logging enabled I'm sure each of those would show the Incallui as active.

(I disable the Google activity log as it's another backdoor way for Google to record information people think they've denied them, e.g. they turn off location history but Google use this to record where you use each app so get to collect the same data anyway. It's the dishonesty of that, leaving themselves backdoors and proxies that most people won't suspect, that makes turn all of this stuff off).

Upvote 0
I have looked into this a little bit and Ive heard its the Samsung system UI and I do believe it has nothing to do with incoming its what the person does on their dial pad. Texting , calling, and messaging. I will have more to post after a few tests and more research. I also believe it may be a third-party phone app they may be used instead of just using the regular phone app on the cell phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones