• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another System UI stopped

nu2andy

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2011
Porirua. New Zealand
My g'son's S4 GTi9500 had a broken screen so I renewed the Digitizer/LCD screen assembly. Phone started and worked OK, then it started an OTA update. It went to Android 4.3 but lost the Menu-Home-Return buttons. This has been a bug from what I've researched. To get these buttons functioning, I used the process > Settings > My Device > Accessibility > Dexterity and Interaction > Assistant Menu. Somewhere along the processes I ended up with the dreaded [Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.]
I looked in the Application Manager > ALL > System UI and the Icon is still there but shows 0.0oMB!! the folder is empty. Any knowledgeable person who can give me a step by step help in getting System UI re-installed ? CSC: i9500CHNEMK3. This phone was working OK in NZ but the CSC suggests China?
The logic board in this phone is a L720 type.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones