• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Thunderbolt released on 17th rumor

I think VZW is in damage control mode and will get this thing on the street ASAP. I don't see them dragging it out for additional hype. The Xoom was their first 4g capable Tablet and only got two days notice.

Possible and makes sense. Let us hope if true, their rush forces them to "forget" and allow unlimited 4G! ;)

Upvote 0
I won't believe it until I'm holding MINE in my hand OR someone shows a picture of them holding THEIRS posted on this site!

Been let down over and over and over...

Verizon kinda reminds me of the Information minister from Iraq stating that the "Americans are NOT here" when in the background you see our tanks rolling by him!

Upvote 0
Perhaps my sources are uniformed (business rep for company and two corp store managers), but none of the three know anything yet but all stated if there was channel movement to operations (stores) they would all know it.

Are we seeing the ultimate in media and forum manisfestations (fed off one tweet from this morning and a few hear-says), or this the real deal????

Fact is, not ONE mention from VZW directly, so my current side is a mass manisfestation :) ;)

Nothing certain today- ain't happening :)

Upvote 0
Perhaps my sources are uniformed (business rep for company and two corp store managers), but none of the three know anything yet but all stated if there was channel movement to operations (stores) they would all know it.

Are we seeing the ulimate in media and forum manisfestations (fed off one tweet from this morning and a few hear-says), or this the real deal????

Fact is, not ONE mention from VZW directly, so my current side is a mass manisfestation :) ;)

Nothing certain today- ain't happening :)
Agree 100%

Upvote 0
Agree 100%

Be careful, the true believers know all! :eek: :)

Today may be near "War of the Worlds" level for hoax action ;)

Instead of Orsen Wells on the radio, it is perhaps some rube saying they are a store manager and tweeting, or somebody making up they got a tweet from a store manager. Or, a confused store manager that got docks in early.

Come on TB TB's (True Believers of the ThunderBolt) prove us rational thinkers wrong! :):):eek:

Upvote 0
I won't believe it until I'm holding MINE in my hand OR someone shows a picture of them holding THEIRS posted on this site!

Been let down over and over and over...

Verizon kinda reminds me of the Information minister from Iraq stating that the "Americans are NOT here" when in the background you see our tanks rolling by him!

THIS!

This made me LOL!

Upvote 0
IF Thunderbolt is released Thursday 3/17, what time would a person purchasing from a corporate store need to be at the store? I've never been in the position of buying a new gadget on release day. The store opens at 9am, should I be there at 6am or maybe 7am? Earlier? I realize all markets are different, but I'd rather error on the side of "I want my Thunderbolt now".

Any suggestions?

Dan

Upvote 0
IF Thunderbolt is released Thursday 3/17, what time would a person purchasing from a corporate store need to be at the store? I've never been in the position of buying a new gadget on release day. The store opens at 9am, should I be there at 6am or maybe 7am? Earlier? I realize all markets are different, but I'd rather error on the side of "I want my Thunderbolt now".

Any suggestions?

Dan

Try calling the store and see if they plan to open early. My store told me they will open one hour early.

Upvote 0
I just got an odd reaction from a Verizon store employee: I called to ask if he had any info on when the Thunderbolt would be out and he stammered for what had to be at least 10 seconds: "Ahh, ummm, ahhhhh, uhhhhh, ahhhhhh, errrrr, ummmm, no." If nothing else it was rather funny.

I think I will go ahead and pick up a dock sometime tomorrow just to have one. Another store nearby checked and said there would be no problems selling one. They had about 5 or 6 in stock, so it may be smart to pick one up now if you'll want one because they may be in short supply if/when the phone actually launches.

This is me being optimistic right now! :)

Upvote 0
I think VZW is in damage control mode and will get this thing on the street ASAP. I don't see them dragging it out for additional hype. The Xoom was their first 4g capable Tablet and only got two days notice.

The Xoom is really a 3G tablet. They advertise 4G upgradable, don't tell you when, how much for the data, and what will the battery life be.
I have a feeling that many people will get really pissed off and disappointed once/if the upgrade happens.

Upvote 0
jrg2l5.jpg

As for the endgadget report.. Thats just speculation.

Wow. So I'll be paying for that bad boy $816 after NY tax.
I'm sure it'll be worth the money. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones