• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another Transformer prime that won't power on

I had the same issue with my new Prime TF201 32 g today. Got it 2 days ago, charged a full eight hrs as directed, played with it a while, plugged it back into the charger, and when I went to turn it on today, NOTHING. I had a green light, but nothing worked (not even the reset). I called the support #, and a very nice tech had me do the following:

Press the volume down button first, and hold it, then press the power button, and hold it also. I held them about 10 seconds before it booted up in what looked like a DOS screen. I let the buttons go, then he had me push the volume UP button, and viola..........it started right up.

The tech said I should not have any more problems with it.

I've been on it all day now with no issues.

Hope this helps !!!

Omg i was just on mine and i was going upstairs so i docked it and put it in my bag, when i got it out upstairs it wouldn't turn on so i tried what you said and after a while it vibrated! Heart attack avoided thanks you, its seems alittle slower to boot up now but i'm glad its working

Upvote 0
I had the same issue with my new Prime TF201 32 g today. Got it 2 days ago, charged a full eight hrs as directed, played with it a while, plugged it back into the charger, and when I went to turn it on today, NOTHING. I had a green light, but nothing worked (not even the reset). I called the support #, and a very nice tech had me do the following:

Press the volume down button first, and hold it, then press the power button, and hold it also. I held them about 10 seconds before it booted up in what looked like a DOS screen. I let the buttons go, then he had me push the volume UP button, and viola..........it started right up.

The tech said I should not have any more problems with it.

I've been on it all day now with no issues.

Hope this helps !!!

Thank you so much for that informative post. You have solved my issue, much to my delight!

Does anyone know the cause of this issue?

Thanks again,

Alan

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this! I acquired a TF201 a couple of days ago which worked after charging, however leaving it overnight with a nearly full battery it was completely dead this morning! Mystified that it had lost complete charge overnight, I put it back on charge and after green light appeared it simply wouldn't start. Following the steps you gave it vibrated and has now started.

Anyone know why this occurs??

Upvote 0
the TF700 went dead after 1 month...when charging, the power LED flashed twice and that's it!
the charger seems to be working fine as it does charge the dock.

Tried to reset by inserting a paper clip as advised...no joy.
Any suggestions pls?

Even the docking mechanism went bust...no longer locks.
I'm tending to regret i went for ASUS rather than iPad...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones